The health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance to us. We are continuously and closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and will continue to prioritise the safety of our guests and train staff.
We have always employed stringent safety and sanitation protocols on each and every one of our trains, but since resuming our tours, we have introduced some special measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as follows:
• All cabins and carriages are disinfected regularly providing long-lasting antimicrobial protection on all surfaces.
• Physical distancing will be maintained during meal service on board, with enough restaurant capacity to facilitate all guests at one time.
• Our plentiful breakfast service, including cooked-to-order options, will be served to your guests' table, replacing the buffet.
• All off-train excursions will be enjoyed in small groups of no more than 25 guests, including on coach transportation where required.
• All luggage will be thoroughly disinfected before boarding the train and handled by attendants wearing the appropriate PPE.
• All Golden Eagle train staff are fully vaccinated and wear face coverings throughout the journey for added peace of mind.
• Lateral flow tests are available on request from our on board Doctor.
In addition to our enhanced safety protocols, we have updated our vaccination policy as follows:
• All guests and train staff must be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to departure, in order to board the Golden Eagle train. Guests will need to provide proof of vaccination as provided to them at the time of their vaccination. Please note, a photograph of a vaccination card is not sufficient.
• We encourage all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR test at home, 72 hours before joining the tour, as an added precaution. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a COVID-19 Antigen test at home, prior to travel.
We have made this decision to update our vaccination policy to ensure that our guests can have a safe and enjoyable experience on board our luxury rail cruises and within the destinations we are visiting, as many venues around the world, such as museums and restaurants, are requiring proof of vaccination before entering. Similarly, we are now aware that many border controls are also requesting this proof of vaccination, therefore enforcing this policy will ensure that our tours can operate as seamlessly as possible across the various countries we visit. We will continue to monitor the local requirements and, where necessary, will adjust our policies accordingly.
These new protocols will follow the very latest advice at that time from various government agencies and the World Health Organisation (WHO) and all our train staff will undergo extensive training. A British-registered Doctor travels on board every one of our luxury train journeys, providing further peace of mind.
If you would like any further information and would like to talk to a member of our team, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone +44 161 928 9410 (Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5:30pm GMT).
As you start to plan your next international adventure, we understand that there are new factors to ...Read More »
We are excited to bring you a series of engaging online lectures and journey showcases, hosted by a ...Read More »
New Year is a time to celebrate, and what better way to reflect on the year past and ring in the New...Read More »
The health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance to us. We are continuously ...Read More »
For a taste of what you can expect from our exclusive rail journeys through India, watch our...Read More »
Esteemed astronomer, Dr. Robin Catchpole, delivers an exciting virtual journey from Moscow to St. Pe...Read More »
The Silk Road played a world-changing role in ancient history. Central Asian civilisations influence...Read More »
Amir Timur -- better known in the West as Tamerlane -- was one of the most fearsome conquerors of th...Read More »
We are delighted to present two fascinating lectures by Major Gordon Corrigan MBE dealing with the C...Read More »
Gain a new perspective of the beautiful Balkan states as you join our virtual journey showcase aboar...Read More »
Golden Eagle's head office is based in the UK. The UK government has instructed all businesses to op...Read More »
This expert lecture, presented by railway historian and author Christian Wolmar, retells the incredi...Read More »
We recognise the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is extremely unsettling and that you will ...Read More »
In an exciting interview with The Telegraph newspaper, our President and Founder, Tim Littler, tells...Read More »
Please note that Golden Eagle Luxury Trains is currently transferring to a new banking partner.
Initially a conduit for the export of silk from China to the West in 2nd Century BC, the Silk Road a...Read More »
Many of the rail cruises we operate require tourist visas to be obtained prior to travel. For each o...Read More »
Undoubtedly the world's greatest railway journey, the Trans-Siberian Railway, connecting Russia's my...Read More »
Have you travelled on one of our recent tours and missed the chance to give feedback on board? Our n...Read More »
As the world’s largest nation takes centre stage to host the FIFA World Cup™, we have put togeth...Read More »
In 2018, India has gained another UNESCO World Heritage Site to add to its collection, bringing the ...Read More »
Plovdiv is the first Bulgarian city to be named the European Capital of Culture. This initiative, or...Read More »
UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee has met in Baku, Azerbaijan, this week to discuss this year’s ...Read More »